Our Mission Statement and Goals
Beta Alpha Psi was founded in 1919. By 2000 there were nearly 230 chapters on college and university campuses with over 200,000 members initiated since the fraternity’s formation. The Gamma Xi chapter at San Jose State University was founded in 1969.
Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional fraternity for Financial Information Professionals. The primary objective of the fraternity is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
In accordance with the national objectives, the Gamma Xi chapter will promote and recognize scholastic and professional excellence in the field of accounting, finance, and information systems. In addition, we operate under the specific mission and goals listed below.
To increase awareness of accounting and business information careers, to place an emphasis on the needs of our members, and to develop within our members the personal and professional skills needed to enter the workforce and excel in their chosen careers.
Goals of the Gamma Xi Chapter
- Build and strengthen membership through recruiting of new members and retention of continuing members.
- Continue with the integration of finance and MIS majors into membership with emphasis on providing contacts and topics beyond the field of accounting.
- Expand current industry contacts.
- Increase alumni involvement in both participation and donations.
- Serve as a beta test chapter for the new national program of chapter activities.
- Improve contact and communication management through implementation of a consolidated database.
- Develop a new information resource for members and pledges in the form of a printed guidebook.
To access the Beta Alpha Psi, Gamma Xi Chapter Bylaws, please click on the following link: [Click here to download bylaws].
Please direct all Bylaw comments and questions to the Bylaws Director.